Under certain personal circumstances the Therapies offered at RE:SET may not be suitable to an individuals personal requirements or compatible with their current prescribed medications or medical treatments. To ensure all our clients receive the best possible experience and personal outcomes it is vitally important that this mandatory form is read, fully understood, ticked as appropriate and signed before any treatments can be undertaken.
I understand that massage therapy is provided for stress reduction, relaxation relief from muscular problems and improvement of circulation and energy flow. If I experience pain or discomfort during the session I will immediately inform the therapist so that pressure/strokes can be adjusted to my level of comfort.
I understand that the services offered are not a substitute for medical care. I understand that my therapist is not qualified to perform spinal or skeletal adjustments, diagnose, prescribe, or treat physical or mental illness. I affirm that I have notified my therapist of all known medical conditions and injuries, and will inform them of any changes to my health or medical condition.
I will be unable to float if any of the following are true;
- Have dyed my hair in the past 10 days or dyed it red in the past 30 days
- Please make sure that the water running through your hair is fully clear, and no dye comes off on the towel. Sometimes this can take a few washes. If there is any colour coming out still, please leave it another wash or 2 before floating
- Are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Are in the first trimester of pregnancy
- Have had chemotherapy in the last 4 weeks
- Have any contagious diseases or open wounds
- Are incontinent
- Have uncontrolled kidney disease
- Have uncontrolled psychosis of schizophrenia
- Have uncontrolled seizure disorder such as Epilepsy
- Have uncontrolled low blood pressure
- Have heart conditions
- Have allergies to magnesium sulphate or hydrogen peroxide
- Under 16 years old
Before floating I must;
- Remove any jewellery, spectacles or contact lenses, oils, creams, lotions and makeup.
- Shower & wash my hair
If I am menstruating I will use an insertable feminine hygiene product such as tampon or cup while in the float pod.
I will not contaminate the float solution in the float pod in any way, and I accept that I will be charged up to £1200 if I do so.
In very rare occasions floating can cause motion sickness to some people. If you suffer from this then it is recommended to take precautions
Salt Inhalation Room
Salt therapy should be avoided during the acute phase of any illness, including – but not limited to – the following: infections accompanied by fever, acute active Tuberculosis, cardiac insufficiency, use of an oxygen tank to aid breathing.
I am aware I may need to consult my GP practice and must inform Re:set staff if i have any concerns on the following;
- long term medication
- sensitivity to heat
- over age 65
- cardiovascular conditions
- drug/alcohol abuse
- joint injury (if within past 48 hours after injury)
- haemophiliac/prone to bleeding
- chronic conditions/disease associated with reduced ability to sweat (multiple sclerosis, diabetes and tumours are conditions associated with impaired sweating)
The infrared sauna must not be used if you are or think you might be pregnant.
Although published studies do indicate that the therapies offered by RE:SET have both physical and mental health benefits as an addition to more traditional forms of medicine, RE:SET does not claim our therapies are replacements for medication or any medical treatment of any kind. Only your personal doctor or other health professional can best advise you on matters relating to your health.
During phases of any acute illness please take professional medical advice from your doctor before partaking in any therapies offered by RE:SET.
YOU WILL BE EMAILED THE WAIVER TO COMPLETE AFTER YOU’VE MADE YOUR BOOKING